10 things I love about being a copywriter
I love my work. I enjoy writing so much that I do it in my spare time as well. So today I thought I’d share ten of the reasons why I love copywriting, in no particular order…
- Getting to write about new things all the time, and for new audiences. That means I keep learning and my job is always varied and challenging, which is a good thing!
- The satisfaction of finally mastering writing about a complex topic that initially really scared me.
- The challenge of constantly switching between different styles and tones of voice. It certainly keeps me on my toes!
- The thrill of seeing things I’ve written published – print is especially pleasing, but online stuff is almost as good.
- The satisfaction of crafting a perfectly worded, perfectly structured sentence. The joy never diminishes.
- I sometimes get to write about things I really love, and then it hardly even feels like work! Rome, and travel in general, is a pet subject.
- Writing for an important organisation such as the World Food Programme, I really feel that in my own small way I’m helping to make a difference to those who are suffering.
- When clients are really pleased with what I’ve written for them. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
- When I manage to write the exact number of words a client has asked for.
- Being able to work from anywhere. Inspiration is important for any writer, and I find that a change of scene really helps the words flow. I have even been known to work from an aircraft cockpit… But only on the ground of course!
Fellow copywriters, what do you love about your job?